Friday, October 19, 2012

"LOOK": A List/Five Minute Friday

LOOK:


*Look around.  Most people in the world live in huts, shantis, tents, hovels, some in alleys.  My house would shelter a small village and provide air conditioning.  I'd have to explain.  They wouldn't know what that is.


*Look around.  I went to my closet this morning.  Not a community pile of clothes shared by others.

*Look around.  Do you ever ponder hosting someone from a third world country on their first day to America?  And you take them to Publix? 

*Look into the eyes of your child?  Deep in.  Do you see who their are?  Or merely what you hope them to be?

*Look deep into a disagreement?  Do you see their point?  Do you see your wrong?  Or just their's?

*Look.  At the size of your heart.  Or her's.  Not the waist size.

*Look at your husband.  The man you married.  How would your love best serve him to be the man of God he's called to be?

*Look at your fears.  Do you see them as shackles?  Holding you back.  Weighing you down.

*Look at your insecurities.  Now call them fears and see point above.

*Look at your idols.  Food.  TV.  Social Media.  Bible Study.  Little Miss Do-Good.  Your Family.  REPENT.  Let it go.

*Look full on into the face of Christ.  Is shame holding you back?  Nail it!  Nail it right to the cross.

*Look at the promises of God.  To take out your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  To call you out of darkness and into His wonderful Light.  To be with you where ever you go.  To uphold you in His Victorious Right Hand.  To never leave you.  To never foresake you. 

*Look at the reasons we have to be satisfied in Him.

Jen Cushen
Facebook:  Homeschooling in High Heels
Twitter:  HSinHighHeels

Five Minute Friday is a blog challenge thrown down each week by Lisa Jo Baker/Tales of a Gypsy Mama over at LIsaJoBaker.com

Writing, unedited, 5 minutes on topic of her choice. 

5 comments:

  1. I love this, Jen!
    What a wonderful reminder of how incredibly blessed we are!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, very moving. Time for some looking inside myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for the comments and making me feel welcome at FMF.....I'm new around here. What an encouraging group of gals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!! You have to remind me to do this! Not next week cause I'm on vacay, but remind me!! I like it!!

    ReplyDelete